Welcome! My name is Isadora, but you can call me Izzy. I’m the recipe developer and photographer behind She Likes Treats. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hi! I’m so glad you’re here! I’ve been dreaming up new recipes since I can remember and for the past 7 years I have been sharing my healthy, vegetarian recipes on She Likes Food. Up until now I have mostly shared savory recipes with a few treat recipes thrown in from time to time. I’ve started baking a lot in the last year and it’s something I love to do with my two boys. I decided to start this page specifically to share all my healthy treat creations! I hope you enjoy them!
WHAT KIND OF TREATS CAN WE EXPECT TO SEE?
I plan to share all my recipe ideas that aren’t strictly savory. That means you can expect to see anything from chocolate cake to green smoothies. I will be sharing breakfast, snacks, dessert and lots in between!
HOW DO YOU DEFINE A HEALTHY TREAT?
The words “healthy treat” can definitely be confusing! When I say healthy treat, I am usually referring to something that has one or more of the following:
- Made with un-refined sugars – Yes, I am well aware that un-refined sugar is hardly, if at all, better than refined sugars but I feel better when using them. In my recipes I like to use sweeteners such as: maple syrup, coconut sugar, organic cane sugar and dates. I will sometimes use dark brown sugar but it can always be substituted for coconut sugar. I don’t ever use any calorie free, keto friendly sweeteners.
- Sweets that are low in sugar – I have two crazy little boys that love sweets so whenever possible I like to cut the amount of sugar down and use only as much as is needed to add some sweetness. Feel free to ask me about cutting the amount of sugar in any of my recipes and I’m happy to give suggestions.
- Whole wheat and organic flours – I love to experiment with using both 100% whole wheat flour as well as a mixture of white and whole wheat. I do also have recipes where I use only white flour. I’m just starting to experiment more with alternative flours, such as almond flour and oat flour so keep a lookout for more of those recipes in the future!
- Dairy free/vegan – I am not completely vegan, but I do love to create and eat vegan recipes. When it comes to baking, pretty much the only time my recipes aren’t vegan is if they’re made with eggs. I am experimenting more with egg substitutes so I hope to share mostly vegan recipes in the near future.
Healthy can mean such different things for different people and I respect that. I like to think of my treats as being healthier versions of non-healthy recipes rather than meaning if you eat my treats they will make you lose weight, lower your cholesterol, etc…
Want to know more? A few random facts about me:
- I love crafts and also run a kid’s craft and activity blog with my friend Mary called, Sprouting Wild Ones.
- I’ve lived in 6 different states and currently reside in New Mexico. I love the southwest and can’t really imagine ever leaving.
- I have two little boys (4 and 1). They’re super energetic and crazy but also so loving and amazing. I always pictureD myself as a girl mom but now can’t imagine not having my boys.
- My husband and I met while working at Zion National Park in southern Utah and it will forever be one of our favorite places.
- We have two amazing cats; Cheeto a big orange tabby and Basil a small tuxedo cat. We’re pretty obsessed with them.
- When it comes to cake I prefer chocolate over vanilla but when it comes to ice cream I prefer vanilla over chocolate.
Thanks for reading along! I’d love to hear a random fact about you in the comments below! I hope you enjoy my treats!